Sunday, February 21, 2010

Because We All Know How Much Matty Likes Fire...

I’m not going to lie… today was a great day. Matty finally came home from traveling for work and we got to spend time together for the first time in way to long. We got to talking about our wedding and how, since it’s in early-mid September, the night may start to turn a little chilly. It’s kind of a difficult decision because on one hand the outside setting in my small town is absolutely beautiful:




but this is also in Missouri, so the weather can change faster than you can say, “Hey look at that cloud! Do you think it’ll rain? Ah crap!” My Grandma called me the other day to ask about what I would do if it got cold. I paused and said, “Never thought about it. Wasn’t to concerned. Should I be?” “Well, if you want your Grandpa to stay very long it’s going to need to be pretty warm.” This kind of threw a wrench in my plans. Though the church grounds are beautiful, the hall… well… isn’t.


This picture is from my friend’s wedding and I think they did a fantastic job of decorating (it was in December in case you couldn’t tell). It’s so adorable and I had initially wanted a winter wedding because of all the fun things you could do. Then I realized that it might ice/snow and all my efforts would be for nothing. That ended my snowy wedding fantasy SUPER quick. It’s kind of hard to see here, but this is a closer shot of the floor:


He’s dancing. Not falling and/or having a seizure. Look past him to the beauty that is the floor of our community center. No rhyme. No reason. Just random. As a side note: there is a pretty amazing bowling ally in this building, but I think they may frown on people just randomly bowling. So I’m brought back to my problem. Do I settle for the hall and try to decorate it as best I can (not optimal) or do I man up and try to figure out how to have the outside shindig I’ve wanted this whole time? Anyone who knows me has already figured out what I’ll do. I’m going to somehow finagle a way to have this joyous celebration under the stars like I wanted. Enter my genius idea!


FIRE!!!  We could have a firepit out there.  That sounds safe, right?  Not really, but I'm okay with that.  I mean... look how much fun these guys are having:


It looks like they're having so much fun they can barely STAND it.  I think as long as we can contain the fire.  And possibly keep Matty away from it we may have something like the picture above.  Not like the LAST time we let Matty work a bonfire...

1 comment:

  1. Hey . . . you know those heaters they have at restaurants and bars?? They use propane or something . . . but anyway, you can rent them. I love the firepits, but there is obviously a lot more prep and maintenance with fire than with outdoor heaters. Just a thought! Not sure where to rent things where you are but (http://www.portablerentalsolutions.com/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=74&idproduct=175)

    ReplyDelete