Tuesday, January 12, 2010

And For My Lucky Ladies...

Because I've been in a few weddings myself (I believe it's been around 11 and I'm going to shoot for a bakers dozen by the time it's all said and done) I know what it's like to wait and find out just what the bride will be putting you into.  Now, I love every single one of my brides that I've been able to stand with as they said their vows, but that didn't stop my nerves before seeing the dress.  What if they picked a color that looks like something a toddler would throw up?  What if every other bridesmaid is flat as a pancake and I look like a floozy - note this is a constant fear of mine in bridesmaid dresses.  Never once in my life have I seen a bridesmaid dress and said to myself, "Oh there's no way my boobs are going to fall out of THAT."  N-E-V-E-R.  It's not the bride's fault... I blame mother nature.

Anyway, I knew a few things about what my bridesmaids would be wearing.  I knew it would be short and I knew it would be flowy.  Nothing makes me happier than when I can wear a flowy dress at a party.  It's so fun.  So I started looking around on websites and ended up on Mori Lee first and found quite a few cute ones and after e-mailing my bridesmaids with some options we settled on this one:



I love this dress and it's also the dress my friend Mrs. G had her bridesmaids wear so I knew it would look nice in a real wedding.  So we were done.  Until I saw other dresses.  Sorry Ladies!  The next thing I thought of was the idea of bridesmaids NOT matching.




Look how cute they all look in their jewel tones!  Then I realized that I've got more bridesmaids than that and chances are I would let everyone pick their own color and it would look very very strange.  Next came the idea of everyone having the same color, but different dresses.  Like this:




I even love the color of these... so fantastic.  Again, I ran into the problem of a lot of bridesmaids and maybe not having enough types of dresses.  I love the website Mod Cloth because they have the cutest dresses that you don't usually see in stores, however the problem with THAT would be finding a dress I liked, in the right color, and making sure they had enough in stock.  I gave up on that after about six seconds.  Who knew it would be so hard to pick out some dang dresses?  Flash forward to Thanksgiving '09 when I went with my mom and sister to pick up my wedding dress.  We decided to go to The Villager On Broadway and check out their stock of bridesmaid dresses.  After my loving little sister / maid of honor spent some time trying on different dresses we found a winner!!!




I know... it's different, but after the waist is tied with a champagne sash it's amazing.  Here's a close-up...




After thinking about all of my past bridesmaid escapades maybe I picked this one because I wouldn't have to worry about my top half putting on a show for the world to see.  Also, my dress has some lace on it that matches the flowers on the dress.  I love it.  I want to buy one for myself and wear it out.  I was so worried that my bridesmaids would hate it because it is kind of unique so I sent a big e-mail kind of explaining the sash and reassuring them that it's adorable.  God I hope it's adorable...

1 comment:

  1. Wait... are you trying to tell me your boobs fell out of something, ashlee? I simply don't believe it.

    Mother Nature is apparently more generous to some than others. Don't be shocked that i'm still a little bitter.

    Cute dress, though!

    ReplyDelete