Wednesday, January 20, 2010

We Need To Light Up The Night...

I love lanterns. I think they’re absolutely fantastic in every way. They’re such a beautiful method of lighting up the night rather than the streetlights outside or the fluorescent lights in the community center. I think next time I’ll have to put up photos of exactly WHERE my wedding will be so that everyone reading this can begin to fully understand the little utopia I’ll be sending them to. But that’s next time, Ladies and Gentlemen… this time is going to be about lanterns. I mean, just look how beautiful this is…



You know, the lanterns in this photo are absolutely beautiful with the umbrella and the people gathered around, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the SECOND best thing about this picture would be the big old guy in the bottom right.  He seems like the kind of guy who would just randomly yell at people to bring him beer and spare ribs.  I wonder if we're related...

Other than my beautiful lanterns I've also decided to light up the dance floor with mason jars. Matt's mom, Sherri, was fantastic enough to give me a TON of her mother's old mason jars.  When we brought them back from Missouri all I had to do was wash them (since they had gotten just a little dusty from not being used).



 See?  I told you she gave me a bunch.  And some of them are so cool looking...



I'm going to try and find something extra cool for that guy.  I know that I'll use some of them from candles and hang them around like this...



And maybe set a few on the tables like this...



But I had never really thought about using them in a different way until I saw this picture...



First, I love love love peonies and have been kicking around the idea of having them in my bouquet for quite sometime now. I mean, they're HUGE so you'd really only need a few, right? Second, how cute is this to have flowers hanging from trees. I'm not a big "floral arrangement on the table" person so this could be a cool way to have some flowers around. I’ll have to do a post on centerpieces sometime because those are DEFINITELY a work in progress.   Much like the rest of my wedding...

No comments:

Post a Comment